Family Sealing

Family Sealing
We are eternal 10/15/16

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just A Kind Word

"Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other"
— Marvin J. Ashton

As I read the quote above I am reminded of where I first heard it from. I was in a relief society meeting at church. We were talking about how people judge others and how we judge ourselves. I strongly believe that women are the worst judges of not only themselves but others. We have a nack for finding the faults in us and eachother. We pick eachother apart and bring eachother down all the time for short comings. I am guilty of doing this in gossip that I think does not hurt anybody because it is not shared with others but, it does hurt it hurts me spirtually and it hurts Heavenly Father to know that I am doing his job by judging someone else.

So ladies my chalenge to you is lets all STOP, THINK, and LISTEN before we bring ourselves or another sister down. I know that I am going to be working much harder on this because I would hate to have to answer to Heavenly Father for being disrespectful to anyone he made including myself!!

Heavenly Father
I come before today and I pray that you help me
Please help me not to judge myself and others
Please help me to keep my words kind
Please help me to see things from other peoples point of veiw
Please help me to know that I am perfect just the way you made me
I thank you father for making me and all of my wonderful sisters
Please continue to bless me my family and friends
In the name of Jesus Christ
Amen

~Brie~

No comments:

Post a Comment